Fine Art Light Painting
What is Light Painting?
Light painting is a creative photographic process that involves individually lighting and photographing each detail in an image, and then combining those images into a one, final image. This is done with a still object - such as a parked car. This usually results in hundreds of images of the subject. Each image contains the artistic lighting of a single port of the subject or background.
The images are later combined using digital art techniques to create the final image. The result is a stunning art piece with richness and depth unlike an ordinary photograph.
What is a good light painting subject?
- Classic cars, sports cars, and even plain old trucks
- Airplanes and helicopters
- Custom homes, man caves & she sheds
- Custom built machines
- Tractors or industrial equipment
- Office and commercial buildings
- Old barns, historic structures and landmarks
...and lots of other stuff too!
How does it work?
To discuss your project and start building out a concept.
The Photo Shoot
This is when the actual light painting happens. It usually takes several hours to complete, and generally starts about an hour before dark.
I take all of the images and carefully put them together so your project looks its best. This is very time consuming.
All that's left now is for you to enjoy it, and show it off!
Each light painting commission is unique, and is priced according to the size and complexity of your project.
All commissions include:
- the photo shoot which usually takes 3-4 hours.
- creative design and digital art work / post processing
- an 18" high gloss metal portrait of your project (upgrades are available).
- a social media size, watermarked digital file for sharing
Commissioned projects start at $3500.