Fine Art Light Painting
What is a Light Painting Portrait?
Light painting photography is a creative process that involves individually lighting and photographing each detail in an image, and then combining those images into one, final image.
This is done with a still object – such as a parked car. Most projects are made from hundreds of individual images of the subject. Each image contains the artistic lighting of a single element of the subject or background (i.e. a door handle or building sign).
The images are later combined using digital art techniques to create the final image. The result is a stunning art piece with richness and depth unlike an ordinary photograph.
What is a good light painting subject?
- Classic cars, sports cars, and even plain old trucks
- Industrial Products
- Airplanes and helicopters
- Custom homes, man caves & she sheds
- Custom-built machines
- Tractors or industrial equipment
- Office and commercial buildings
- Old barns, historic structures, and landmarks
…and lots of other stuff too!
How does it work?
To discuss your light painting project and start building out a concept.
This is when the actual light painting happens. It usually takes several hours to complete, and generally starts about an hour before dark.
I take all of the images and carefully put them together so your project looks its best. This is very time consuming.
Delivery & Installation
Delivery & Installation is included. All that’s left now is for you to enjoy it, and show it off!
What’s included with my Light Patining?
Each light painting art work is unique.
All commissions include:
- pre-shoot planning consultation where we finalize the vision for the project
- the photoshoot that usually lasts 3-4 hours.
- creative design and digital artwork/post-processing
- custom wall display designed specifically for your space
- local delivery and installation of your artwork
Commissioned projects are priced according to the size and complexity of your project.
The first step is a conversation…
Schedule your complimentary light painting consultation today.